Monday, February 2, 2009

Money Spent, Money Wasted

Welcome Back my friends, to the show that never ends.

Get ready for the single biggest waste of spending, public or private, in a long time. You might think I'm talking about the bailout. While that certainly may be a competitor, no I am talking about an event that is going to hit a bit closer to home. The New London Day reported today that Connecticut's master of lawsuits, Dick Blumenthal will not run for governor in 2010, but rather seek reelection to be Connecticut's Attorney General.

Now, I know that everyone in my office has been sued at least twice by our pal Dick, and I was starting to feel left out. I'm hoping that with another term, I can be added to that illustrious list of defendants against our masterful litigator. Then I can kick his but.

But in the mean time, we will have to settle for watching another debacle of a campaign season with the Democrats' favorite minor leaguer, Stamford Mayor Dan Malloy. Imagine for a minute, if you will, Derek Jeter deciding he doesn't want to play in the All-Star game next year, and to replace him, the Yankees bring up a shortstop from the Columbus Clippers to replace him. That's Dan Malloy.

Malloy will be wasting donors' money in an impossible quest for the governorship, against one of the most popular Republican Governors New England has ever seen in Jodi Rell, and a popular former Speaker of the State House, Jim Amman. I must admit, there are moments I hope Malloy gets the Democratic Nomination. Because that would just be fun to watch.


One campaign season is barely over and another has begun. Pay attention, watch closely. If nothing else, it will sure bring some laughter to your life.

No comments: